- This event has passed.
Improving Secondary Science – Day 2
6 March @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This programme, provided jointly by West Somerset Research School and the Science Learning Partnership at SPTS, provides an in-depth exploration of the seven accessible recommendations made in the EEF’s Improving Secondary Science Guidance Report, published in 2018.
Each session helps practitioners understand and use the recommendations in effective ways to improve attainment in science and science teaching.
Why take part in this programme?
- To make evidence –based decisions about improving secondary science pedagogy
- To gain strategies and resources to support pupils, particularly those who struggle with science
- Receive practical tools and processes for self-review
- Understand how to implement the approaches and give them the best chance for success
Who might find this programme useful?
- Heads of Science Departments
- Science Curriculum Leaders
- Secondary Science Teachers
Where and When?
- Crispin School, Street – Thursday 23rd January 2020
- Chilton Trinity School, Bridgwater – Friday 6th March 2020
- Fiveways School, Yeovil – Tuesday 28th April 2020
- £295 (for 3 sessions)
- £95 for a second delegate from the same school or trust
Agenda – Day 2
Translating Evidence to the classroom – Language of Science, Memory and Feedback
- Understand the importance the language of science and impact on pupils learning and progress
- Gain tools to develop scientific vocabulary and links to wider literacy
- Understand the implications of cognitive load for science and how this can be reduced to support pupils
- Review why feedback is important and gain strategies to give feedback
For further details and registration click here