Specialist Leaders of Education
SLEs focus on developing leadership capacity to improve practice within schools. SPTS is affiliated with a number of designated SLEs who, between them, have a broad range of expertise and experience:
|Primary||Leadership; Early Years & foundation stage; KS1; English; Phonics; Science|
|Secondary||Science; Independent learning & feedback; Leadership & Management|
|Special||Key Stages 1-6|
We are also affiliated with a National Leader of Governance (NLG) with particular experience and expertise in SEND.
SLEs and NLGs are monitored and held accountable for the quality of the support they provide. They are expected to be able to evidence that their work has had a positive impact.
If you are an experienced middle or senior leader who is interested in supporting leaders in other schools, you can apply to become an SLE via the Somerset Partnership Teaching School. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- improved examination results
- improved progress within specific departments
- improved attendance
- improved Ofsted evidence
- improved behaviour/discipline
- greater progress by individual children
- reduction in in-school variation
- closing the achievement gap (particularly in relation to vulnerable groups)
- improved quality of teaching and learning
- improved team ethos/morale
- improved development of initial teacher training/newly qualified teachers
- improved views of parents, governors and others in the community