School Direct Programme
The Yeovil Area Teacher Training Alliance (YATTA) leads innovative school-led initial teacher training programmes, combining expertise from both special education and mainstream primary.
We enjoy a strong and well-established ITT partnership, which includes an excellent track record of trainees gaining employment before the end of the course, and are very proud to have among our trainees those who have received the prestigious Ted Wragg Award, given in recognition of outstanding contribution and achievement.
Trainees undertake placements within a valued partnership of highly regarded Somerset schools, providing a range of contrasting experiences and opportunities to learn and teach alongside excellent teachers, and gain qualified teacher status (QTS).
Trainees also qualify with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education qualification (PGCE).
To find out more about the courses we offer, or to make an application, click on one of the following links:
Enjoy the many benefits of choosing us as your first choice ITT provider, including:
- Locally-based, bespoke curriculum training programmes, covering a wide range of curricular areas and led by experienced practitioners;
- Local teaching placements, online learning and designated time to study from home:
- A personal approach with full pastoral support and direct access to Programme Leaders;
- Support with securing a first teaching post, including training for interviews;
- Enhanced opportunities for interviews when applying for teaching posts within partnership schools;
- Full support from the University of Exeter, including personal tutor and access to library resources/online learning materials