School Direct Programme
Somerset Partnership Teaching School and Wessex Teaching School work as one, under the marketing name of Yeovil Area Teacher Training Alliance, to lead innovative school-led initial teacher training programmes, combining expertise from both special education and mainstream primary.
Find out about the courses we offer, by clicking on the links below, and see the many benefits of choosing us as your first choice ITT provider!
All courses offer teaching placements within our valued partnership of highly regarded schools in and around the Yeovil area, and provide a range of contrasting experiences and opportunities to learn and teach alongside excellent teachers.
In addition to gaining Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), our trainees also qualify with a Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE), accredited by the University of Exeter.
Our initial teacher training programmes have an excellent reputation and all trainees can expect to enjoy the following when training with us:
- A strong and well-established initial teacher training partnership;
- Bespoke taught programmes, covering a wide range of curricular areas and led by experienced practitioners;
- Local teaching placements and designated time to study from home, without the need to attend university or college;
- A personal approach with full pastoral support and direct access to Programme Leaders;
- Support with securing a first teaching post, including mock interviews;
- Enhanced opportunities for interviews when applying for teaching posts within partnership schools;
- Impressive track record of trainees gaining employment by the end of the course;
- Full support from the University of Exeter, including tutor visits and access to library resources/online learning materials;
- Option for the loan of a MacBook Air.