- This event has passed.
Who’s Challenging Who?
15 October @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
“Who’s Challenging Who?” is a 3 hour course which will explore the importance & role of relationships in supporting children and young people whose behaviour we often describe in schools as
Delegates attending will leave with:
• A range of proven practical strategies & techniques to support positive outcomes
• An awareness of the role we play as key adults in school within a developing crisis and how our responses can influence a child or young person’s behaviour
• An understanding of basic neuroscience & how patterned ways of being in relationships can develop.
With societal changes and pressure on education the challenges are great and our capacity to adapt the way we work to support all our children, young people, staff and parents is key. This course looks to establish an understanding that different solutions are required for different individuals and it is helpful when policies and procedures are personalised in order to effectively support inclusion and achievement for all.
Within this course we will:
• Explore how we support children and young people and de-escalate effectively using proven strategies
• Examine how adults can transform the behaviour of the young people they work with, through the relationships they build and the culture they promote
• Consider how trauma can impact on a developing brain.
This course can be delivered at your setting as a morning or afternoon inset, for a group of staff or whole school. There will be open sessions for a minimum of 3 members of staff, including at least 1 member of senior leadership, held across the county.
The cost for a school based 3 hours session will be £500. The cost for individual attendance at one of the open sessions will be £50.
Nina Britneff – Company Director and SEMH Consultant with Time and Kindness Ltd, Nina is an experienced practitioner with over 20 years experience in training, supervision and consultancy to support social, emotional and mental health provision. She is a Team Teach trainer, consultant for Barnardo’s, SEMH tutor and works with a range of settings (including specialist, mainstream schools and multi-academy trusts).
Rich Berry – Education Consultant and former Head Teacher with 32 years experience in schools. He specialises in SEMH, school leadership & developing teams. He is a Mental Health First
Aid Trainer; Team Teach Trainer, Trauma Informed Practitioner, SIP & Coach & Education Lead for the Bristol Bears.